This Page

has been moved to new address

Remembering Ms. Guinea

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: Remembering Ms. Guinea

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Remembering Ms. Guinea

Guinea Fowl are strange birds, and I had only seen them in pictures when I decided to buy 45 newly hatched chicks.  A third of them were promised as soon as they arrived.  When they were older, I gifted them until I had six remaining.  A half a dozen guinea happily grazing the yard sounded just right.


And then they were discovered by a Great Horned Owl, and within two weeks I was down to one guinea -- Ms. Guinea.  She continued to out-smart the Owl for several months.  Each morning she was outside to greet me and would often sit on my home office window looking in.  Guineas can be loud, and no one came to the house without her alarm sounding.

Last week the Owl won.  Such is nature.  My Texture Tuesday project is a tribute to Ms. Guinea.


This is Kim Klassen's texture "Felicity".  One layer at normal 19% and one layer at soft light 100%.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Blogger moonseazen said...

Oh, not only is your photo so nice, I absolutely cherish that quote, one of my saving grace thoughts. I'm so sorry about Ms. Guinea. But that is a lovely tribute!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful feather picture!!!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

I love this - and love the quote, too...a nice memorial with that single beautiful soft feather!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM , Blogger This Moment said...

Nice tribute to Ms. Guinea. Again, I'm sorry to hear about this.

Jill

 
At February 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to Ms Guinea. Love this!

 
At February 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM , Blogger PrimTessa said...

Oh,man.....I was rooting for Ms. Guinea! What a lovely remembrance of your good friend.


Teresa Erwin

 
At February 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Kathleen Conard said...

What a fun experience and great art! I love Kim's classes and your creation is wonderful. Please keep on posting your art!!! xo

 
At February 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Beautiful expression of love for Ms. Guinea.

 
At February 23, 2012 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Pat said...

Your story is sad, but the image is lovely. A beautiful tribute to Ms. Guinea.

 
At February 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Starr said...

Sniff. Now I'm kinda sad. But your art is beautiful!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Awww, so sad to hear of the demise of Ms. Guinea. She was a feisty one to outsmart the owl for so long.

Congrats on being selected for mentoring in HSHB! I can't wait to hear your story :o)
x, Val

 
At April 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Connie said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I'm sorry to hear about your little Ms. Guinea. I know you will miss her. I am captivated with your blogging adventure. I too am a beginner to blogging, but I am having a wonderful time meeting so many creative soul-mates. Your newest follower, Connie :). P.S. Please accept my invitation to visit and follow my blog. I enjoy the camaraderie with other creative women, like myself . . .the sharing of ideas and seeing their projects is so inspiring.

 
At April 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM , Blogger Connie said...

Hi There, I just found you . . . but you are not here . . . keep blogging, your newest follower, Connie :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home