This Page

has been moved to new address

I don't know how I did it

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: I don't know how I did it

Monday, December 12, 2011

I don't know how I did it

I see these beautiful, pale photos that have been layered until they have such a "dreamy" look to them.  I wanted to make one.  A search through my macro photos for something that was in the pale pink family produced this Gerber Daisy.  Perfect.


I added a texture layer, and then started playing with the adjustments.  To my surprise, pale and dreamy isn't what appeared.


But I love it!  I can see it framed with lots of white border -- maybe even a white frame.  And my first thought was what a beautiful scarf in a soft, sheer fabric.  A scarf that would coordinate with everything in my closet.  Or maybe even a vintage style dress -- like something from the 40's.  Fabric.  Yes, definitely fabric.  Fabric making would probably be taking my dabbling a bit too far -- so, I'll have to go with the framed lots of white border.  This certainly wasn't what I set out to achieve -- it's my found art!

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At December 12, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Ginny said...

This is incredibly beautiful. I bet you are so excited to have found this wonderful way of making art.

 
At December 12, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Cheri said...

It's beautiful, I am a color lover and you found a awesome combination! Have you heard of www.spoonflower.com you can make custom fabric!
Cheri CED

 
At December 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Janet said...

How fun! I don't even want to THINK about the possibilities! (Like I need something else to do!)

 
At December 12, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Lori said...

Love that! Would make a beautiful velvet burn out tshirt.

 
At December 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those rich saturated colors. Perfect match for the jewel tones displayed on the runway for this fall/holiday season! YUM! Rhonda Franks

 
At December 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM , Blogger carol l mckenna said...

This is wonderful! love the colors ~ dreamy ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) CED

 
At December 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM , Anonymous Kathleen said...

This is pretty! I have had the same thing hsppem in Photoshop - the bad thing is I get carried away playing!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Carolyn Dube said...

I love it- such a fun look to the flower!!!!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!
Isn't amazing the differences that can come through playing. I really do love the idea of a scarf...
Love your birds on BRAVE GIRLS!!
xo
lynn

 
At December 14, 2011 at 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Surprises are the best. I love the color.

 
At December 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Tracey FK said...

this is just beautiful.... I love it when wonderful accidents happen like this and you end up with great work even when you set out to do something different... love it...xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home