This Page

has been moved to new address

AEDM day 9 - Experimenting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: AEDM day 9 - Experimenting

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

AEDM day 9 - Experimenting

I'm on a dabbling roll.  The amount of stuff at an art/craft store is amazing!  What does one do with all of it?  Well, of course, most people don't do something with "all" of it.  This is my month for experimenting with different mediums and techniques.  Some may work; some may not.  Those colored pencils didn't work for me, but from comments I learned about other options with more vibrant colors.  Thanks for the feedback!


Yesterday I took a picture of all the bare trees in our backyard with the beautiful blue sky in the background.  Changed the hue of the photograph in Photoshop Elements and printed the picture on card stock paper with my inkjet printer.  Mixed Adirondark alcohol ink (Cranberry) about half and half with alcohol blending solution.  Wet the paper and then misted (with a mini mister) the trees with the ink mixture.  When it dried, I added a flying crow to the sky.  I'm sort of happy with how it turned out.

I truly appreciate all of the wonderful feedback from the AEDM group and from my Fly Tribe!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great idea. I love how it turned out. The pinks are perfect!

 
At November 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, this is great. Who knew-alcohol inks, prints of photos all put together would look so awesome?
xo
lynn

 
At November 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

I didn't realize it was a photo. It came out very cool.

 
At November 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy playing with my photos, but have never tried this. I love the starkness of the trees, and the color--it's really nice!

 
At November 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger A Splash of Ida said...

I love the result!!! :-)

 
At November 9, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Kathleen Conard said...

I think it turned out great! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 1:36 AM , Blogger Tracey FK said...

I think you should be more than kinda happy with this... it is great... I keep reading about the inks and misters and things... need to look into some of these ideas xx

 
At November 10, 2011 at 11:53 PM , Anonymous Deborah Velásquez said...

This is quite cool Constance. It looks painted. You might be on to something.

 
At November 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Anonymous Mary@BarnBugStudio said...

I love the look of this! I'm always picking up the alcohol inks at Michaels and putting them back down because I'm not sure what to do with them. This is so cool!

 
At November 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Elissa Brown said...

So excited and impressed with all the things you are doing and learning! Funny how making things every day will help you branch out and discover things...

 
At November 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think this is great! I thought the whole pic was a drawing. cool. I am finally making my rounds from our bog hop! LOL!! Have a great Sunday!-Kelly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home