This Page

has been moved to new address

The Night Sky - AEDM 8

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: The Night Sky - AEDM 8

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Night Sky - AEDM 8

As I was walking my dog last night, I looked up at the evening sky.  Just last Friday the space station was visible for six minutes as it traveled across the sky -- so I always look up.  And there was that big beautiful, almost full, moon in a clear sky.  My attempts to capture the evening sky have been quite unsuccessful, and last night was no different.  Determined, I put my camera (the camera I need to know much more about) on manual and set it for a long exposure.  I wasn't steady enough, so I found a metal fence post in the garage and used it as a tri-pod, although technically it was a mono-pod.  Here is the result:


In Photoshop Elements, I added texture and made minor adjustments to hue and saturation.  And here you have my AEDM day 8:.


Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger What Remains Now said...

This turned out beautiful.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Gwen said...

The Moon is a wondrous thing...Jupiter has been around a lot lately too.
Lovely photo!
Gwen xx

 
At November 8, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Anonymous Lori Moon Studio said...

I love your photo! And the texture you added with the inspirational words are wonderful!

 
At November 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the photograph! It did turn out beautiful
~Dawn

 
At November 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

So cool. I so need to learn more about photoshop.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Dave said...

How cool that you can see the space station! The photo is beautiful and I really love how you transformed it.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous totsymae said...

Nice use of technology. Love the colors.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Tracey FK said...

great photo and I love what you have done with it... this is so special xx

 
At November 9, 2011 at 4:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful piece. And a reminder for me to aim higher! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments. I am loving your AEDM journey.

 
At November 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger deb said...

The moon was beautiful last night here too, I've never tried to take a picture, my photos are usually awful. I am enjoying your art everyday posts and checking out all the "fly sister" blogs. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At February 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM , Blogger carol l mckenna said...

Love the photo and the photo creation ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) linked w/CED

 
At February 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM , Anonymous Belle Wong said...

Beautiful! You did a wonderful job of capturing the moon in both pieces.

 
At February 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger pauline said...

Oh, this is so beautiful... great choice of words too. I love how you cropped the photo & the texture you chose. Fabulous. xoxo

 
At February 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Carolyn Dube said...

Your PS adjustments are superb! It really captures the feeling of the moonlit night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home