This Page

has been moved to new address

AEDM day 6 -- Watercolor Pencils again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: AEDM day 6 -- Watercolor Pencils again

Sunday, November 6, 2011

AEDM day 6 -- Watercolor Pencils again

Since the watercolor pencils were new to me, I thought I would just doodle with them and see what happened.  Watercolor pencils are NOT for me.  First the colors didn't turn out the color I thought they would be.  And nothing was defined.  So, I thought "words" -- I'll add words.  And since it was a song, I added a little music to the flowers.  I wrote and wrote and wrote.  Still not defined enough.  So I outlined all the flowers and the music.  Better, but it's not me.  I guess that's a good thing about this "Art Every Day Month" -- I should be able to rule out a lot of stuff.  And who knows?  Someday I might become focused and find my style.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At November 6, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Gwen said...

Have you tried watercolour crayons instead of pencils...more intense colour and Intense Inks are a vivid watercolour-type of product. They are both really good. The Inktense products look good on fabric too. Sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know.
Best wishes
Gwen xx

 
At November 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Joni Nickrent said...

I think your results are beautiful and love the addition of the words!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny...well I will cross those off my list. I am going to go broke buying new stuff to try! Give watercolor crayons a try...I smuge them over my work to add texture. Off to create something for AEDM?? Julie

 
At November 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous tammy vitale said...

I love watercolor pencils - at least the ones my girlfriend has - mine aren't as good and boy can you tell the difference. Her's melt like butter! Love the movement of words around the flowers and the note center - very whimsical! Thanks for visiting over my way!

 
At November 6, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Tracey FK said...

There is such a difference in the quality of different brands of watercolour pencils and I really hated them until I found the Albrecht Durer ones... they have intense colours and are easy to use... I have also tried the inktense, but still love the Durers... thanks for sharing xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home