This Page

has been moved to new address

Self Portrait

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: Self Portrait

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Self Portrait

Rummaging in the basement, I came across the self portrait that I painted in acrylics some forty plus years ago.  I was a very, very unhappy young woman/girl/child at the time.  The painting, I imagine, gave me a safe way to express my feeling -- a way to document and move forward.  And WOW, the things that have happened in forty years!  After all those years, this painting still pulls at my heart and takes me back to that time.  I want to hug that lost girl, and tell her that all that happens is for the best and there will be happy times.  This was my first and last work. 

Well, last until now.  I want to create, but this time it isn't coming from a dark hole. I'm finishing up my first mixed media canvas and will be posting soon.

4 Comments:

At September 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is sad and happy at the same time. I cant wait to see your new piece

 
At September 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Wow, powerful stuff. Lovely that it takes you back to a place that you remember, maybe not fondly, but that you can see how far you've come.

 
At September 16, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Kelley Miller said...

Thanks so much for sharing that, so brave to conjure up old memeories! I cant wait to see what you create next!!

 
At September 16, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger sjor said...

That's so great - how nice to look back at that now and know you're in a happier place. Would love to see a portrait from now beside it - would be a nice link. x Great work x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home