This Page

has been moved to new address

I never dreamed. . .

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: I never dreamed. . .

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I never dreamed. . .

From childhood fairy tales to college philosophy classes, myths have been important to me.  And frankly, if I paid more attention to them, I might avoid some of my troubles.  Myths go beyond our normal boundaries of reality and touch that which is deep within us.  The mermaid represents imagination, and I knew that my first (and more to come) non-family project would involve mermaids.  So, this weekend I created my mermaid. Or, maybe she was already there and I only let her out. When I couldn't come up with a word or phrase for her, there in the old glued book page were the words, "I never dreamed..." 

This has been a big step for me, and I'm now dreaming of even more.  Thank you for letting me share with you, my mermaid.



13 Comments:

At October 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger This Moment said...

Oh--I love her! She is wonderful:)

Great job!!
Jill

 
At October 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Oh, this is so wonderful. Great work.

 
At October 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Good job, Connie! I need to follow your lead...how'd you get so brave?

 
At October 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Anonymous Kelley Miller said...

Love the texture! Great job :)

 
At October 10, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Shells said...

She's gorgeous, a mermaid was one of the first things I painted too.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

Very pretty and serene.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Anonymous Clare Docherty said...

This is fantastic - well done you! Clare x

 
At October 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So super awesome! I am a lover of mythology and stories. Symbols of the spirit. She is lovely. Can't wait to see more. Keep up the good works!

 
At October 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! I'm so happy that you let that girl out to play;D

 
At October 10, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Stefanie said...

Wow!!! I LOVE this!! Mom, you did an amazing job on this and I am so proud of you for finding your "inner child" : ) Thank you for inspiring me!
P.S. Thanks for reading mythology to us as kids!

 
At October 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger I'm a Late Bloomer said...

Thanks for letting your mermaid out. She's beautiful! Keep up the good work.

 
At October 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always forget how much I love mermaids and what they represent...Yours has such wonderful texture and an extra fancy tail. Is it layered paper? She is lovely.
Julie

 
At October 30, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Dee said...

Your adventuresome spirit is exhibited by the fact that you created the art! Yes, it's all Constance. :) Keep it up..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home