This Page

has been moved to new address

Mixed Media - my first attempt

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: Mixed Media - my first attempt

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mixed Media - my first attempt

My first attempt at mixed media.  I did this piece for my daughter and her partner.  The photo of them is printed on Gampi Silk tissue paper and placed on a collection of maps from places they have lived, which have always been on I-10.  And  some lyrics that describe them from a Jack Johnson song.

I have so many ideas, but I really need to work on some techniques first.  I have to say, it was so much fun to make this for them.

9 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Lori Leissner said...

Wow! That's great!

 
At September 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

Great job. It is going to mean so much to your daughter.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Carol @ The Red Painted Cottage said...

Looks great. I want to get my hands dirty trying mixed media, also.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Wow, this is awesome. What a great idea and love the way you executed it. Turned out just perfect.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job!

 
At September 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Anonymous Teresa said...

I like everything you have done so far. Keep going! I'm anxious to see what you create.

 
At September 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Shells said...

Awesome, that looks great. Your daughter will love it.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM , Anonymous deborah Velásquez said...

The doing something else blog, I love that!
Just stopped in to peek. Your mixed media first attempt looks right on the money! Great! Can't go wrong with Jack Johnson.

Keep up with the doing something else!
-D

 
At October 10, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Stefanie said...

Thank you creating such a special piece for us. Hiram and I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home