This Page

has been moved to new address

Barbie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
dabbling in life: Barbie

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Barbie

For my granddaughter Lucy's 5th birthday, I baked a cake -- a Barbie cake.


For the past several years, I've been the baker of her celebration cakes.  I have used Wilton cake pans and somewhat followed the directions.  BUT this year, this Barbie cake is my creation!  She is layers of 8 inch cakes with a bowl cake on top.  The dress design evolved as I worked with the unfamiliar to me fondant.

Lucy loved the cake, but I think what she loved best was that Grandpop thought we were going to bake the cake with a real Barbie in it.

In the process of this post, my thoughts have traveled back to other creative projects -- a lifetime of various projects.  I've realized something about my creativity -- it always involves creating "something -- whatever it might be" for someone I love.

2 Comments:

At September 4, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful, amazing cake!! Your daughter is sooooooo lucky! I know exactly what you mean about the tie between creativity and giving to others. But after a while you will find that whether you have someone to give to or not, you just love the process of being creative.

 
At September 28, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so much like me; love for others always stimulates our creative juices! Looks like you really enjoyed this! Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home